Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wow...

The baby weighs 2 lbs and is 14 inches long. That's incredible to me. But, from the strength of his kicks, I can believe it.

Just this morning Jeff told me how much I move when I sleep now, I didn't use to before. It's because I just can't get comfortable anymore when I'm sleeping. And it's not just because I'm big, it's that I like sleeping on my back. But, you're not supposed to so every time I wake up during the night (which unfortunately is quite a lot) I'm always on my back, so I have to turn on my side. What a pain.

BUT, tonight we are going to look at the king sized bed. SO excited. SO SO SO excited. The only down side is we have a ton of beautiful sheets and duvet covers for our queen sized bed. Now I'm starting at ground zero again and have to build up my beddings for the king sized. I was at Ikea the other day and saw a beautiful duvet cover and sheets and they are damn cheap there. I don't think they are above a 200 thread count, but I'll probably get them anyways.

The sheets that go with it are a plain dark red and I think it will look perfect with our dark brown furniture and olive green walls. I also have to get a king sized quilt now. I will probably hit up Winners and/or Home Sense... my last two duvets I got were down filled, but they get flat after a while so I think I'm going to go for the old school polyester filled - I like when they are big and fluffy.

Ok, so maybe this was completely not pregnancy related, but in a weird way it all ties in.

Looking back at the pictures I posted of me last week, I look HUGE! I actually look bigger than I do today. It totally depends on what I wear. Yesterday I think I looked 8 months pregnant (although, aren't we all our own critics) and today I look just 5 or 6, which thankfully I am.

Tonight after looking at the bed, we have to head to Rona to pick up some more paint so J can finish off the bookcases and I'm going to pick out paint for the stairwell, hallway, guest bedroom and second bathroom upstairs. Not sure if I mentioned it, but we are hiring someone to paint so my only job is picking the colours, which really is the only fun part about painting. Yippeee! I love having a step-father who's a tradesperson and Italian because he knows someone who does everything you ever need done in a house.

No comments: