Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fire in my throat...

Ok, so maybe I didn't get morning sickness, but I did have a headache that lasted 37 days and now I have heartburn. And it's bad. I never had heartburn or acid reflux or anything of the sort until I got pregnant and I think it's making up for it all at once.

I ate mini wheats for breakfast (with skim milk), I ate carrots and 6 perogies at lunch (that I had made at home myself) with some low fat sour cream, I had a peach, a nectarine and a container of vanilla yogurt and a sandwich on 12 grain bread last night (lettuce, turkey, mustard) for dinner. And I don't know what exactly it wsa (I guess the perogies), were in my throat all night. It burns. Then I would get this horrible pain in my chest, like someone was pressing on it, that happened about every 5 minutes for a couple of hours.

The result? No sleep. I had only gotten a few hours sleep the night before, so I was EXHAUSTED and figured as soon as my head hit the pillow I would be out, but I wasn't lucky enough for that. I tossed and turned, had to try and fall asleep sitting up so the heartburn wouldn't get any worse. I fell asleep finally at some point, but woke up every hour.

I felt better this morning, steered away from my Mini Wheats and had plain oatmeal with a banana and voila - Mr Heartburn is back. I'm eating cantaloupe now and drinking a crapload of water, we'll see if that helps.

I have been taking Rolaids and Tums, but only 4 a day. Carrie said she took Zantac so I am going to wander down to the pharmacy at lunch and see what the pharmacist says about taking it while pregnant.

24 weeks today! 16 weeks left, that's INSANE!

No comments: