Monday, August 28, 2006

I will miss you weekend!

Even though my weekend was none too exciting, I will miss it. Friday night I went out with some friends, kept score of their volleyball game (I had been having a bit of cramping/stretching during the day so I thought it best to stay on the sidelines rather than play) and then went out for a bite to eat. Saturday I got up early, went to Benjamin Moore to choose the paint for the nursery (then Ricky will go get his discount and pick it up for me) and it's this lovely blue/aqua colour called Serenity. It matches beautifullly with the yellow that's already there, so we are going to keep the bottom half yellow, put a chair rail (moulding) up and then do aqua at the top and the ceiling. Kaethe called and said she has sun, moon and stars stamps from Pottery Barn for Kids that she'd happily lend me, which is great, I had been looking at Michael's earlier for stamps. After Benjamin Moore, we went to Ikea and I picked up a closet organizer that I'm super excited about, it has 12 drawers and it goes in the bottom half of the closet so we can use the existing rod that's already up in there to hang up clothes too.

I started to empty out the soon to be nursery, all my pre-pregnancy clothes are in there so I have to shuffle them to the guest room. We are planning on painting this weekend... I really hope we get around to it. With long weekends you never know what springs up at the last minute.

My mom bought a cute what-we-thought-was-a-dinosaur-but-was-realy-a-giraffe from Ikea cause it's the perfect shade of aqua blue we are paining the room in. Even Isabelle thought it was a dinosaur, so I'm sticking with that. Saturday afternoon Jeff went golfing, so I picked Isabelle up, did a bit of shopping, went to visit Grandma and Nono... then took her home, we got into our jammies, got into my bed, watched some TV and had a sleepover. She talks about the baby all the time, and her last words before falling asleep here "the dinosaur is for the baby". Breakfast on Sunday morning, quick trip to Babies R Us, a quick visit with Kaethe and Peter then home again where I cleaned a whole bunch, changed all sheets towels etc and got ready for another Monday. Jeff BBQd some mean steaks last night, topped with a salad and brocolli, it was a delicious Sunday night din din.

How was that for a boring post?

My best news from the weekend... we are buying a king sized bed! For those of you who sleep well with your partner, you may not understand the excitement, but Jeff and I have been sleeping in separate rooms for I'd say the majority of this pregnancy - we don't sleep well together when I'm NOT pregnant, so now it's only even more so. So, with a king sized bed we can happily sleep and not be touched by our significant other (he can touch me all he wants when I'm not sleeping, but when it's time to sleep, it's time to sleep! Good thing we both feel that way).

I'm tickled pink.

No comments: