Friday, June 02, 2006

Two cheers for the weekend!

Although I have been feeling pretty on-top-of-the-world this week, I am still looking forward to the weekend.

Last night was Jeff and I's first volleyball game, with a co-ed league we joined for the summer. It's beach volleyball and tons of fun! The men aren't allowed to spike, so my previous nightmares of having a volleyball moving at the speed of light hit me smack dab in the stomach are gone. It's not like I'm going to be diving for the ball, so I think I am out of harm's way. If at any point it becomes uncomfortable or if I am worried that something could happen, I will stop (at least that's what I promised my mom).

I told my boss today that I was pregnant - he was happy for me, said that's awesome and asked me when I was due. I suppose it will sink in soon that he will need to find a replacement for me, but for now he's happy. Which makes me relieved. I always imagine things to turn out really badly, so I work myself into a frenzy (he even commented that I looked sad! I said no, I was just nervous to tell you) and after whatever it is I've worked myself up over, I laugh and say - now why did I worry about that? But, I never learn my lesson.

No comments: