Monday, June 26, 2006

Pictures and a day off



Woke up with an earache, and a headache. Too many aches to work, so I stayed home.

Funnily enough, I looked in the pregnancy journal and today's entry was all about your nose and ears being stuffy, and if it starts to cause pain and fever, contact your doctor. Luckily, no fever was to be had.

Had a GREAT day. Slept in, did laundry, went out to lunch with a few girlfriends, went to Chapters for a few hours to look at books for ideas for the nursery, did some groceries, took a nap cooked a pasta and broccoli pasta and now am waiting to head out for dinner for one of my oldest and closest friends (Peter)'s birthday. There MAY be a stop at DQ on the way.

I really don't like calling in sick when I'm not sick, but I needed to sleep.

At the doctor's last week, he weighed me. I prepared myself, I was scared. I gained 9 lbs in 15 weeks. I think I've done worse than that when I wasn't pregnant, so I'm feeling fantastic.

AND I got 5 bags of maternity clothes from my friend (she's lost 33 lbs in the 4 weeks since she had Maisie), so I'm feeling pretty darn great. I can't believe how much better I look in maternity clothes then trying to fit into my regular clothes. Although I am happy to report that I still fit into alot of my old clothes. At least, in the morning I do :)

2 comments:

desajair said...

You're so cute! And sweet on the no rear neighbours--that's quite a bonus!

Christy said...

Thanks!

I love having no rear neighbours, at first I wasn't sure about buying a house that backed onto a busy street, but now I realize I would much rather look out onto a park then someone else's kitchen :)