Monday, June 05, 2006

Second trimester!

Woo hoo - here we are! And I am ecstatic to be here.

Only 190 days left. Or 27 weeks. Let's say 27 weeks, it sounds like less. That's about how long ago I started at Health Canada. That's nothing. That will be here before I know it. Actually, I am going to stop talking like that because there is SO much that needs to be done between now and then.

I really should start updating this site at night time when I have my preganancy journal with me. I always forget what they told me in the morning by the time the afternoon rolls around, so rather than truly updating on my pregnancy, I just ramble on.

I like a name. I like Charlotte. Charlie for short. But, since I'm having a boy (no, we didn't find anything out, I just feel like I am) I should stop looking at girl names. I like Finlay. My mom and sister didnt' say anything when I told them about that name, so I'm assuming they weren't too keen on it. But, Jeff and I like it. And really, after a week, no one will be able to picture our baby with any other name... no matter what we go with.

Making plans - I think next summer I will be taking a trip out to Edmonton and maybe Vancouver too! My dad/step-mom are in Edmonton so I should take the little one out to see them, plus my two cousins are in Vancouver so I am thinking I should go out there for a few days. My mom offered to come along with me, so we will see if that works out. Jeff would be bummed if I went to Vancouver without him though. But seeing as two weeks in PEI, one week (maybe two for me) in Edmonton, and he's out of vacation! Well, he can take as much vacation as he wants, but since he works solely on commission, we may not be eating for a few weeks.

I think I've said it again, but thank GOD I got into the gov't when I did, so my maternity leave is topped up to 93%, I would have only gotten topped up 14 weeks (I think) with Winfund.

Tonight will be the test. My bathing suit will be worn (parentals pool opened today), will it fit? Will I be hideous? Will I hide the rest of the summer under a T-shirt? Stay tuned.

No comments: