Friday, June 23, 2006

It's not a hoax!

Way back when, I took two home pregnancy tests (both positive) then made an appointment with my family doctor. He sent me for a whackload of blood tests, but not one of them was a pregnancy test (whoops!), so somewhere deep in the back of mind I thought maybe this whole pregnancy thing wasn't for real....

BUT... yesterday we had our first appt with the obstetrician (who told me my due date is the 14th of December, not the 12th as my family doctor told me, but a due date doesn't mean much at all anyways, my cycle was all screwy so who knows when 'beauford' is going to show his/her face to the world).... and we listened to the baby's heart beat! It took a while for Dr. Farrell to find it (the whole time I was holding my breath and just waiting for the news that there was no baby) and then all of a sudden, there it was. It was amazing, I had tears in my eyes and I was covered in goosebumps.

There really is a little person inside of me, with a heartbeat. Amazing.

No comments: