Tuesday, June 27, 2006

No DQ for me!

I did it - I drove right past DQ without stopping.

Which means, I have only had Dairy Queen ONCE since getting pregnant, and regular ice cream one other time. Wow, I thought it was going to be my biggest downfall, but I have been doing fantastic!

Last night was great, besides the fact that everyone else had a yummy drink (read: alcoholic) in front of them, and I with my water. But I really don't mind. I thought I would mind more. Ask me again next week after being at a cottage this weekend though :)

Justen (3 months old) and Maisie (1 month old) accompanied their parents were there, and I spent precious cuddling time with both. At one point I had Justen on my knee and I had this feeling come over me - this will be me soon! Next year at this time I will have a 6 month old bouncing on my knee. It was wonderful and I got teary-eyed. I just can't wait, I am so excited to meet the little person growing inside me.

My next project at home is going to be the nursery. We are going to paint murals of nursery rhymes (Twinkle Twinkle on the ceiling and Old McDonald on the walls), I am going to outfit the closet with shelves (right now it just has a regular bar), and paint the change table white to match the crib.

I have floating shelves I want to paint and two wooden book shelves we bought from a book store that was closing that I am going to put on top of each other and paint them the same colour we paint the walls. I know this baby is going to have lots and lots and lots of books.

I'm getting excited! I can't wait till lunch so I can surf the net looking for ideas!

2 comments:

Christy_Ann said...

Wow - you look fantastic! It's so exciting preparing for the baby isn't it? What colour will you do the nursery (read: do you know the baby's sex?) Re: alcohol. I know there is no "safe" amount to drink when you are pregnant, but during late pregnancy I allowed myself one glass of wine a week. And I really looked forward to it!

Christy said...

I think we will be doing the bottom half lime green (ie: grass) and the top half a nice shade of blue (ie: sky) - and no, we aren't findiing out the baby's sex... did you find out?

I figure if I really start to crave a glass, I will have a teeny glass once in a while, but that craving hasn't set in (yet)

:)