Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thank you...

Thanks to everyone for your e-mails, phone calls and words of wisdom. I haven't had a chance to get back to everyone but every little word helps :)

I'm feeling a bit better, the crying episodes are not as frequent or as long as they were earlier in the week. I constantly have a lump in my chest, a feeling of dread or something - I can't exactly pinpoint what it is, but I have a fantastic support system and my friends and family have rallied around and are definitely helping the situation.

I'm off to take a nap now

4 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

So glad that you have a great support network.

And this "feeling of dread" is probably related to anxiety. Which is TOTALLY normal. Your entire life just literally changed overnight. You're now a mommy to someone - and that's a big responsibility. It's just going to take some time to grapple with all this change.

I think you're doing a wonderful job, and you're being the best mommy to your little boy. That's the most important thing.

And make sure that you take a little time for yourself too - Carson will appreciate it.;-)

So, remember that this will take time - and keep doing the great job that you're doing.

Miss Gogo said...

Christy, I'm glad things have been improving. The first few weeks are tough and it's all about the support that you have. Which you clearly do have.

How are you doing in terms of your c-section recovery?

Christy said...

Thanks ladies! I am definitely taking some time to myself. Thanks for the confidence booster.

Christine - the recovery is definitely taking longer than I had expected, but the nurse and my doctor said that the incision looks great and it's healing well.

Mel said...

Christy - I know it is hard right now but it will get better, I promise. it's so hard because you feel so all alone sometimes, even though everyone is all around you and there is so much happiness.
Don't worry, once you guys settle into a routine it will be so much easier and you'll be a whiz at being a mom in no time.
there is so much pressure because you have to care for another human being's every want and need, but you can do it!