Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Eve Eve

I can't believe it's the 23rd of December today. Where has the time gone? We didn't put up a tree this year either so it really doesn't feel like Christmas. We've just been so busy with everything else, it really snuck up on us this year.

But - already I can see how kids end up with so much stuff! Carson has been spoiled over and over again and it's not even Christmas yet. He got two Christmas packages in the mail that are safely under Grandma and Nono's tree for Christmas morning. I have to wrap presents for his stocking (as well as finish wrapping Daddy's presents) for his first Christmas. I was a tad emotional yesterday and called Jeff saying - I can't believe we are spending our first Christmas together as a family - my husband and new son. It's crazy, but I am so excited.

Jeff's out finishing up his Christmas shopping and doing the groceries. Our neighbours from across the street just stopped by with some presents for Carson and we had a nice little chat. It's horrible but I can't remember his wife's name , I keep telling Jeff he has to ask Sal her name but Jeff always forgets to ask. It's gone on too long now and it's a little ridiculous.

We went to Kate's annual Xmas party last night, Carson was a hit. We ended up staying at mom and Rick's house cause it was freezing rain and we didn't really want to risk driving home on the skating rink. It was Carson's first fussy night, he slept from like 11:30 - 3 but then just on and off for the rest of the night. He was a little stuffed up (so he kept snorting), he was probably over stimulated by the party and just wouldn't sleep. But then he slept for a bit today so hopefully he will catch up and not get overtired.

He's just lying on his turtle mat now looking at the fish hanging from the ark, he's looking a tad drowsy so I am going to try and put him down for a nap.

No comments: