Friday, December 15, 2006

Back to my baby boy...


Carson was 7 lbs 4 oz when he was born - his discharge weight was 6 10. He's having steady weight gain now and at our appt on Wednesday he was at 7 lbs 1 oz - so mommy and daddy are very happy with his growth so far!

He is a very good sleeper (most often sleeps for the most part during the night, waking only to eat and then going back to sleep) and he's just a tad fussy around 8 till 11pm when he's with his daddy (and mommy is taking her pre-nighttime nap).

Breastfeeding isn't easy, I can tell you that. Especially when the little gaffer (his daddy's pet name for him) falls asleep after eating on one side. Normally we'll change him between sides to wake him up a little. Oh - and he fills his diaper lots of times during the day, another good sign that he's eating lots and getting what he needs.

He's upstairs sleeping right now, so I had time to do a load of laundry, tidy up a bit and just have some time to myself. Jeff went into work today, after the public health nurse left, I need to start getting used to having Carson by myself, I've had help all the way through so far.

Oh - and any of you ladies having babies, I encourage you to take the public health nurse up on her offer of coming by for a vist within the first few weeks the baby is here. Our nurse was wonderful, she even came by again today to check up on me because as I hinted in my blog, I had been having a bit of a rough time. I'm doing better, each day seems to get a bit better and after talking to so many people I realize that I'm normal and lots of new moms go through this.

Sorry this post was all kind of random thoughts, but I wanted to let you all know how our little guy is doing as well as mommy and daddy. So now, I leave you with a few pictures. The adorable penguin outfit was from Carson's Zia Pina - she came over to mom and ricky's yesterday while I was there to see the newest little Gallant!




1 comment:

Marathon Someday said...

Thanks so much for your advice on my blog, about enjoying these last few days. I'm trying, I really am. Unfortunately, patience is not a virtue of mine.:-)

Your little boy is the most adorable baby on the planet! Those are just gorgeous pictures.

And also great advice on the public health nurse!