Sunday, December 31, 2006

Busy busy bees....

Wow - this weekend has been crazy busy! All day Friday I spent grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning and overall just getting ready for our visitors.

My parents (Dad and Arlene) flew in from Edmonton and came straight over to see Carson around 4 on Friday. Carrie and the kids came over too and then Jeff's parents showed up around 6 (they left PEI at 4am that day and drove straight here). Then Jeff's brother and his wife came in from Toronto. It was a long night with lots of food, drinks, laughing and great company. Carson didn't have the best night, I either jinxed myself by saying what a great sleeper he was, or he was just too wound up after so many people passing him around.

Yesterday was a bit more relaxed, I stayed home most of the day - afraid to take Carson out because once he gets in his car seat he falls asleep for HOURS and I wanted to keep him awake for as long as I could yesterday. Then Micheal and Olivia came over and made us a wonderful dinner - lamb, tomatoes and green beans. Each dish was probably the best I had ever tasted, they always have amazing recipes.

Then Carson ate forever between 8 and 12 but then he slept till 4am! Got up and only ate one side for like 15 minutes and then went back to sleep till 7am - I couldn't believe it. Of course I had to get up to pump or else I would have exploded but I think the little gaffer was just overtired, so he caught up on his sleep last night.

Today we are going for Dim Sum at 11 and then to Carrie adn Rob's for New Years. My aunt and uncle and grammie (from NB) are in town for the weekend and we are all celebrating the new year together.

Now it's time for a shower and then a bath for the gaffer before we head out for lunch (everything always takes 10 times longer now)

Happy New Year everyone - I can't wait to see what 2007 has in store for us.




2 comments:

Miss Gogo said...

Yummmmm, Dim Sum. I am jealous! One of my biggest beefs has always been being late for something. Now, I am always late since it takes so much time to get yourself and another person ready! Oh well! Sounds like you are going to have a great evening with all your family! Happy New Years!

Christy said...

Happy New Years to you too!!!

Yep - our schedule revolves around the little man now, we make it when we can :)

But - we actually made it on time today! And Dim Sum was DELISH!