Thursday, December 28, 2006

Post-Christmas post

Christmas this year was very low key, but wonderful. Rather then facing the crazed shoppers on Boxing Day, we stayed home with our new son. Then we ventured out to Julie and Tim's for a bit (and acquired a baby swing on our trip!) Yesterday I took Carson out and met Jeff and Peter for lunch, my first time in a restaurant since Carson was born. It felt great to be out and feel "normal" again. Then we went to see Nadia and Sean with Linda and Paul and my mom and Ricky - poor Nadia is still pregnant and wishing/hoping that she goes into labour soon. I never got that pregnant and know how I felt when I was just 37 weeks so I can't even imagine at 39 weeks how she feels.

Carson is sleeping through the night (sleeping through the night is technically defined as only waking up to feed) but then he goes right back to sleep - sometimes for an hour, sometimes for two or three. I don't want to jinx ourselves but he's a pretty good baby so far.

Today Stella comes (our cleaning lady) so Carson and I must vacate the premesis (I have no idea how to spell that). Even if she wasn't coming, him and I have gone out every day, staying inside for a full day makes for a crazy Christy, and nobody needs that. I think we are going to go to KiddyTown and Costco.

It's a very exciting weekend, tomorrow Grammy and Grampy Gallant (from PEI) are coming for the weekend on their way to Florida. AND Grampie and Nana Walker (from Edmonton) are coming tomorrow and staying till Wednesday (but not staying with us) so Carson will meet 4 grandparents for the first time this weekend.


The little munchkin is happily in his Baby Einstein chair listening to Raffi and looking around - it's book reading time! Ciao.




No comments: