Thursday, December 21, 2006

I love the sun...

I don't know how I could have made it through the past couple of weeks without the wonderful gorgeus sun. Carson and I just went out for a little walk and soon we are going to pick up Daddy and head to the hospital to see the lactation consultant for the last time.

I want to try the cross cradle position for breastfeeding and I tried it myself a few times but was never really shown how to do it so I want to learn the tricks of the trade as I think it will be a better position for me - especially as Carson gets bigger. Plus, we get to have him weighed and I'm excited to see how much he weighs!

We are having a problem with him wetting himself. I'm sure we are putting on the diaper correctly (I've done it a million times) but his back always gets soaking wet! I don't know if the diaper is leaking or what, but I'm going to have to figure out what we are doing wrong. Yesterday I changed his clothes 5 times! I don't mind changing him, or doing the laundry, I just don't want him to be sleeping in wet clothes, how uncomfortable is that?

3 comments:

CrYs said...

Heya ~

We had the same problem with Alex's back getting wet.. Apparently I wasn't positioning his "nether regions" quite the right way, and things were popping up and going right out of the diaper.

Make sure that his "anatomy" is pointing straight down when you put on the diaper.. seemed to work for us!

BoutiqueKarma said...

hey there,

Maybe try another brand of diaper. I tried 4 kinds before I found the one that fit Sydneys bum the best. Before that we had many wet backs & volcano bums

Christy said...

See, THIS is why I have a blog - I get fantastic advice and suggestions from you guys!

Crystal - that's actually what we've been told by a few people I talked to about it, so I've started doing it and so far so good (only been half a day... but you know)

And Tara - we are using the Pampers right now but my sister said she went through a few diff brands before she found the one that fit her kids the best.

You guys rock