Monday, December 18, 2006

A few thoughts...

Breastfeeding is getting easier - I'm going back to the lactation consultant tomorrow to get them to show me the cross-cradle hold, I was shown the football position at the hospital and that's what I've been using. I've tried the cross cradle a few times, but I want to know all the tips and tricks to get it done right as I think it may be the right hold for me.

I think Carson is going through a growing spurt right now, he's eaten about every 2 hours today (as opposed to every 3 for the first two weeks)

The playgroup in Riverside South is closed for the holidays and opens again on January 8th.

He'll get weighed at the lactation consultant, I can't wait to see the scale as I'm hoping he's past his birth weight.

I didn't get any presents wrapped today, we went to mom's instead and took a nice big long walk to the bank (well, long for me since the surgery), I think it's good for the baby to get some fresh air. I know how cranky I get being inside the house all day long so I'm sure it feels good to him to get out too.

He LOVES his car seat - as soon as he gets bundled up in there to go somewhere he falls asleep immediately, and stays asleep for so long! We're supposed to take him out of the car seat and put him on a flat surface (says the public health nurse) but I've been told by so many brilliant mothers - never wake a sleeping baby!

Daddy and baby are sleeping right now, I find it hard to sleep, I always have one ear open to hear him cry and always have a million things running through my head that needs to get done. Wow, to be a mother, you never know what it entails until you are one.

xo

2 comments:

desajair said...

You've joined a playgroup already? Wow you're industrious! I'm glad to hear things are going well. 8) I too get grumpy if I don't get outside!

Miss Gogo said...

I'm glad to hear that things are improving Christy.

Has your sister had her baby yet???