Thursday, April 13, 2006

We are pregnant!

Last night after spending an enjoyable dinner with Rob, Ethan and Isabelle, we stopped by Kaethe and Peter's to check on their newest addition, Justen. It was Jeff's idea to go, he said he's in the mood for babies.

He was cute as hell and all snuggly even though he was a tad fussy.

I told Kaethe and Peter I was two days late, but my period is so out of wack and I have had menstrual cramps from hell - but the two of them insisted we went home and took a test and were shocked we hadn't done so yet.

We went home, I went upstairs, peed on a stick and then compared the stick to the box. I didn't know what the results were supposed to look like - so Jeff and I kept looking at the stick, eyes shifting to the box, to each other, back to the stick and so on. Until I said " Holy shit Jeff I think I'm pregnant".
















Sure enough, the little blue cross means I'm pregnant. I think only 6 weeks - it depends what site I'm checking it out on. I will take another test Monday morning to make sure it's still positive and then call my doctor.

Wow - scared, happy, terrified, ecstatic, frightened, giddy all in one! But overall, so very very happy. The due date looks to be around Dec 12th... A Christmas baby!

No comments: