Wednesday, April 26, 2006

IPS

So last night I asked Jeff about the IPS, I had signed up for it without really consulting him.

He said it doesn't matter to him if I do it or not, the only upside would be if we knew there was a chance that our baby would have a chromosomal defect, then we would be able to be more prepared for it (counselling etc...). But I guess the bottom line is that it wouldn't change anything. We would still have the baby and we would still love it the best we can, no matter what.

I think I may still go, just to be able to be prepared.

Other than that, I am feeling pretty good today. I went to bed around 8:30 last night and slept till 6. I'm still not overly hungry and if I look at myself, I don't LOOK 157, I still look like I did when I was 145, but my clothes feel tight so I know I am gaining. Which, I should be.

My goal is to not reach 200 lbs, that gives me 40 lbs to work with and I think it's 100% do-able. I will allow myself one treat a week, I will just NOT buy things to keep at home or else it will be all over for me. GOd, even saying that word - 200, scares the living daylights out of me.

I'm already looking forward to going back to WW after I have the baby, to the parents and tots meeting! I think they give you 6 months to get back to your goal weight before you start paying. Also, my goal is to start training for the 1/2 marathon next February. I really wish I was able to keep up with running during this pregnancy, but I just don't have it in me and it doesn't feel right. I have been way too tired, but I will start walking and biking... soon, I promise!

3 comments:

desajair said...

LOL--I weigh 157ish! We're weight buddies!

Ya, I'm sad you won't be training for the half either, but my reasons are all selfish. Ugh, 10 miles this Sunday is going to be SO HARD without you!

Christy said...

YOu can do it! Get your wondefful husband out there on the bike beside you.

If you can do it in the rain, you can do it in the sun!!!

Anne said...

Hi!
We do seem to have lots in common don't we :)