Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Annabel Karmel

On the advice of good friends of ours, I bought the book "The Healthy Baby Meal Planner". It has gotten amazing reviews and there is also a website about feeding your little one.

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/Recipes/Recipes.aspx

I'm excited to start making all my own baby food (except not sure if I will be making my own cereal) and now I can't wait to get my new book delivered. I also bought "My Baby Can Talk" DVD, I'm going to try teaching Carson to sign. I've been reading such great articles about it and think it's actually a great idea. Thrown in a few Sandra Boynton books (Barnyard Dance, Pyjama Time, Oh my oh my dinosaurs) and I'm all set.

Carson woke up at 2am last night, he hasn't woken up for that feeding in at least a month now so that was kind of strange. Up again at 5 and then for good at 7. We are off to Kiddytown shortly to pick up a weathershield for his stroller and off for a walk ... rain or shine.

4 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Great book! I haven't read it, but it was also recommended to me.

I looove ordering books off Amazon, don't you?

No idea how to help you on that ad, my dear - sorry.

We're starting R on cereal this Saturday! I'm nervous and excited.

And how the heck do you have time to blog here when there's facebook? Or maybe the novelty hasn't worn off for me yet? I'm still so addicted.

Christy said...

I'm actually wondering if we should start Carson on cereal earlier then we had originally planned - he's kind of, well not himself and I think he may be extra hungry even though I'm feeding him tons. I'm thinking he is just not getting enough and needs the cereal - but I'm going to call my doctor first.

I keep a list of books I want by the computer and when I get enough I order off amazon (to get free shipping). I went into a book store today and the prices are WAY higher then amazon.

My addiction to facebook is sliding and I'm back to blogging :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy,

Tammy here (Carrie's friend). I read your blog often and I love reading the updates on Carson! Love the pictures too - he is such a cutie. Sounds like things are going really well with you.

I looked at the link for Annabel Karmel and it looks like a great site. Thanks for sharing.

As for the books you ordered. We have "Barnyard Dance" and the girls LOVE it (actually, so do I)! I am sure Carson will love them. I think I will have to go and order some more of her books.

Good luck with the solids. We will be starting in a couple of weeks when the girls turn 6 months. Should be interesting!

Hope all is well! Enjoy motherhood! By the sounds of it, you are doing a fabulous job!

Take care,
Tammy

Marathon Someday said...

Here are the deciding factors we used, in order to start R on cereal:

- she's doubled her birthweight, which means her caloric needs have increased - so milk isn't really enough. She's been a bit unsettled lately, and I think it could be hunger.
- she watches us when we eat with a lot of curiosity
- her neck control is good (she can't sit up yet, but it's still good).

My doctor was fine with me starting at 4 months...and from what I've read, the transition is so slow anyway. Hope that helps!