Thursday, December 20, 2007

Irked.

I just came home from shopping. It's 9:45pm. You know what makes me angry? When I see parents out shopping at 8:30 at night, with their babies. And the babies are crying, upset, tired and cranky. Don't get me wrong. I'm not angry at the kids. I'm angry at the parents. The poor little kids are exhausted and you expect them to be happy while you are shopping? I really try to not judge people. Maybe it's the absolutely only time they can get out to Christmas shop. Maybe I just don't know the whole story (heck, the only part of the story I know is that they are out shopping!) but really, kids need to be in bed, or at least having quiet time at that time of night. If the kids are happy - then all the power to them, maybe they don't go to bed early. But these ones that are crying for no apparent reason, rubbing their eyes, frusterated, whiny... it's not their fault - it's the parents! And it makes me angry. Like really angry. I feel for the kids! I'm not one of those parents that hates all other kids (Can you believe i actually heard a mom say that? That she loves her own kid but hates all others? Can you imagine?), I love kids, I feel for kids, I understand them (well, for the most part) and my heart goes out to them.

Anyway, the kid I love the most is pictured below. Rant over - I'm off to bed.

He's loving his bath these days. When I put my arms out towards him to take him out, he crawls to the other side of the tub, then sits down and looks up at me and smiles. We do this about 4 or 5 times. It's quite adorable.



No comments: