Monday, December 10, 2007

1 year appointment

Weight: 23 lbs
Height: 30.5 inches

He only gained a pound since his last appt, but he's still following the right curve in the growth chart so I suppose their weight gain tapers off. He did NOT like the doctor looking in his ears and his mouth :( There's some fluid in his left ear which may be a result of his cold, but I was told to keep an eye on it and if he gets a fever and starts pulling at it, I'll bring him back to the doctors pronto. The needles didn't go over so well, he was NOT happy. But we played a few of his favourite games in the room while getting him dressed so he got over it pretty quickly. After the appt I went back to work and Jeff spent the afternoon with him. When he woke up from his nap he apparently was pretty grumpy, and for about an hour Jeff couldn't console him at all. He pulled out all stops and could not get him calmed. He's good now, in bed, after he fell asleep in my arms and I had to sit there for a few minutes and just breathe him in.

No comments: