Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Welcome Petra Skye!

So Carson has a new cousin and Jeff and I a new niece! Erin and Jan had a beautiful little girl named Petra Skye! I wish we were in PEI so I could hold a newborn again. And she is just gorgeus, I can't wait to meet her. Gets me excited for baby number two too! I found out I only have to go back to work for 6 months before I can go on maternity leave and get my sweet ass top-up again.
Carson's sleeping 16 hours these days (12 hours through the night and 2 solid 2 hour naps) so he's been a dream to be with. Not because (as someone once asked me) because I don't want to be around him for those extra hours a day, but because I know when he doesn't get enough sleep and it makes him cranky and it can't be fun for him. Not to mention not as fun for me either!

I'm still trying to figure out daycare, I've gotten a few phone calls but from people not exactly in our area. If I worked at my old job, it would be perfect because it would be right on the way - but now that I work in the completely other direction it doesn't exactly make sense. But I think I may go meet with them anyways and just get a feel for what I'm looking for in a caregiver. Only two more months to go and lots to do in the meantime. But with Carson taking these wonderful long naps, I can cross a few things off my to do list more quickly. Not only does in sleep for 2 hours, but he plays in his crib before and after so he's in his crib for max 1.5 hours more a day then he's even sleeping.

We are going on a playdate tomorrow with Nadia and Sofia and are looking forward to it! Here are a few pictures from the other afternoon when Jeff and I went walking in Manotick. Carson looks so old in them!


1 comment:

Kristen said...

Congrats, that's so exciting!!!

I hope you get the daycare figured out soon.