Sunday, August 12, 2007

Little monkey

Last night the baptism after party was at my mom and Ricky's, so we were planning on staying past Carson's bedtime so we put him down to bed there. It was the first time since we were in PEI the FIRST time that we put him down to bed in one place and then were going to transfer him home.

You know how I always say that kids are resiliant? Well - they are. We never want to do it, we always want to get him home for his bedtime and for the most part, we will always do that. But when we woke him up around 9:30, he was all smiles. He was reaching for us, giving out his fishy-faced kisses and laughing. He stayed awake the whole way home, he clamoured to get out of his car seat like he always does and he went right into his crib and played for a bit, then drifted off to sleep.

He woke up briefly at 5:30, but minutes later he was back asleep until 7. What a sweetheart.

He was flirting with all the ladies in church during the baptism and took a brief cat nap on my shoulder (which he never does, so I loved every minute of it). He was smiling and kicking in the pool and made friends with everyone at the party. He's such a charmer.

And I would post pictures, except... I forgot my camera. I know, it's hard to believe that I forgot my camera but I did. It would have been so nice to have gotten a picture of Sofia and Carson together... ah well, I'm sure there will be many more opportunities to do that.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

That's hilarious, how lucky were you ?!

desajair said...

Too cute! Carson is such a treasure!