Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Running away from Mommy

Carson has been getting eyedrops for a few days now, to get rid of the stupid eye infection that keeps coming back. Yesterday after work, I brought him upstairs and we were on the floor in my bedroom playing. I told him I had to put eyedrops in, and immediately he laid down on the floor and put his face into the ground so I couldn't get at him (he wasn't crying, just a straight face). Then he got up and went into my closet and turned his head the other way. I don't know why I think it's such a big deal, but it just goes to show how much he understands. I never really doubted he understood what I was saying, but still, to run away from me? It was cute. Well, until I had to put the drops in. Although Jeff and I talk it through with him and he knows he has to get them, he doesn't like them, but he's pretty darn brave!

Oh, and he also helps us read books. Like one of his favourites (Mama's Home), each page starts with Is that Mama? Then it says No, that's not mama, that's just a parade (depending on the page). Now he says the "no" part. But he totally imitates the way Jeff and I would always say it by saying Nooooooooooooooooo. And GoodNight Moon? He can help finish sentences like "And goodnight to the old lady whispering... and he'll say hush.

No comments: