Friday, June 19, 2009

I love my friend

I just got the following e-mail from one of my wonderful sweet friends who I've known for years....

So, I don't know if you've heard about the Alberta Finance Minister's
comments about dual income parents... and how raising children
"properly" means one parent should stay home. But it's been big news.


My co-worker just asked my opinion on it and I said that I struggle with
it. I think there's a line where people "need" two income vs we "want"
two incomes because we want a certain lifestyle...and then talked about
how I think the big question is into whom we trust our children's care
when we're not available.


I used you as an example of a family that has done things so well: the
research and time you spent finding your caregiver, the kind of
environment Carson is exposed to: hands-on, interactive, social with
other children and what a benefit that is to him and that you and Jeff
are conscious and intentional in making up for the time you can't be
with him by the quality of time you spend with him at home in the
evenings and on the weekends.


I thought it was important to share how impressed I am with your
parenting skills and that I brag about you being a fantastic parent.

2 comments:

Miss Gogo said...

Wow. I can't think of anything to be prouder of than to have your parenting skills admired. I am teary. What a wonderful friend but more important what wonderful parents you guys are and an example to us all.

Malinda said...

so awesome that she shared that will you. I'm sure at times parenting is filled with a lot of self doubt but so awesome that someone took the time to let you know you're doing such a great job and you're so admired!!!