Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Second week of February, already?

Time is flying by. Now that we've settled into a routine it seems like the days turn into weeks and the weeks into months.... it's 2 weeks (today) till we leave for Florida and we are super excited. Carson too. He just doesn't know it yet.

He's been attached to me, for the last couple days. He has to have one hand on me at all times. It's kind of funny cause he'll reach out for something and he's trying to stretch his whole body, just so he doesn't have to take his hand off my leg. I think his two bottom eye teeth are coming in (although I've thought that for the past week). I can see white under his gum, but on the side of the gum, not the top. It's like I can see the whole tooth coming up. He won't let me anywhere near his mouth and is a little whiney, which all points to teething. Another telltale sign, he has a bad diaper rash and he whimpers whenever I try to put cream on his bum. It breaks my heart.

Things are going well on the walking front, he walks way more when he's around other kids then just Jeff and I. I try to get him to walk, but he does the splits and will do everything in his power to not touch the ground. It's hilarious. But put him with Sofia or any of the kids at daycare, and he's up and walking like he's been doing it for years.

It's darn cold these days, so most of his days are spent inside, I think he's going to have a great time in Florida when we can spend all day outside. I'm trying to get packed for him and find all his summer stuff - I've been dying to put some of the Tshirts and shorts I have on him. Last summer he spent most of the time in joppers, Tshirts or just his diaper. I can't find his favourite hat (or, my favourite hat I should probably say) and come to think of it, I don't even know if it fits.

Thank you for the Valentine's Day card Grammy and Grampy, and the money is already in my piggy bank (which I think soon needs to take a trip to the bank!). Here are a few pictures.

He loves sitting on things now. He always wants to sit on this ottoman. And he just sits there, looks around, babbles, plays with his car....

Laughing while he reads to himself

This kid loves laying down. He'll simply lie down in the middle of the floor and play with his cars or just look around.
Don't you love his new jacket? Regular $54.50 on sale for $15! I tried to call all the stores in Ottawa looking for the next size up, for next winter, but they were all sold out. He totally crashed on the way home after visiting Grandma and Great Grandma (where he rode in a wheelchair and went to visit all the old folks who just loved him to bits. He thought he was the king shizzle in the wheelchair, eating his orange)


I just thought this was a really funny picture of him, it almost doesn't look like him.


1 comment:

desajair said...

I love his new coat. 8) I got Kailey's coat on sale too, and I'm just giddy about it. Hey, where did you get Carson's toque thing? That looks super warm and I'd love to find one for Kailey. Sometimes a little scarf just won't cut it.