Tuesday, August 05, 2008

the sun is finally out!

I can't wait for Carson to wake up. The sun is finally up, after 3 days of being in PEI. The trip down here was, um, how shall we say... LONG. 12 hours the first day! To make it the whatshouldhavebeen 9 hours to my Grammy Walker's, it took us 12 hours! Traffic, construction, delays at the border (we went through Maine), made Jeff and I super cranky, but Carson was an absolute DREAM. He fared better than Jeff and I. He was happy, he read, he played, I sat in teh back with him for a while, we ate and had a chance to run around outside, and he slept (only for an hour out of the 12 we were in the car!), but seriously, we couldn't ask for a better kid. We must have done something right in our previous lives to deserve him.

Anyways, he's been a treat since we've been here, totally seems to be coming out of his shell and not super shy like he normally is. Walking around in restaurants saying hi to everyone. Actually, since we got here he started saying "Hello" which KILLS me. The funniest word I think he has.

We've been stuck inside most of the time so far, but have had visitors non-stop, so we've been having a good time. Today I'm hoping to go to a farm (or bowling if it starts raining again), and to just get out of the house.

Grampy has a sit-on-lawn mower (I'm sure there's a proper word for it, but I don't know what it is) parked against the barn and Carson is obsessed with it. He always has to go out and see it (even in the rain) and when we get right up close to it, he says WOW. And it's so dramatic the way he says it. Too cute.

1 comment:

desajair said...

(ride-on lawn mower)

Yay! So happy to hear you made it safe and sound and now that you're finally there you're having a great time! Yay!